1. Exercise in the cooler hours, if at all possible conduct your business in these hours.
2. Know the signs of Dehydration
a. To prevent dehydration in my dogs I will:
- Float their food with water
- Add electrolyte solution to water bowl and water bottles
- Offer water frequently though out the day
- Never shave my double coated dogs, since the coat cools as well as warms.
4. Plan to hide in the air conditioning. Air Conditioning is far from common in private homes here. My favorite places to hide include movie houses, book stores, libraries, malls, and coffee shops.