Shilo, Summit Assistance Dogs October 11, 2008- August 17, 2014
Retired with my mom!
|Go From Shiloh, Summit Assistance Dog|
I am also co-founder of the Willamette Valley Assistance Dog Club (WVADC) with my roommate and friend Leslie Weilbacher. I have raised and trained 16 potential service dog candidate puppies, with 2 of the 16 becoming service dogs and 3 becoming therapy dogs. the other 11 were placed as family pets. I am also an approved evaluator (#88155) for the Canine Good Citizen Test and the Canine Good Citizen Advanced test.
1. Learning What It Means to be American-My AmeriCorps Experience
2. Guide Dogs and Service Animals
3. Self Assessment: Are Your International Exchange Programs Inclusive?
4.Worlds Apart? Disability and Foreign Language Learning Ch. 11 Co-written by Michele Scheib and Melissa Mitchell
5. LDA Interview: Melissa Mitchell, Mobility International | Odeo ... (audio)
6. New Mobility Magazine "Train Your Own Service Dog" Interview and cover photo
7.Physical Disabilities: The Ultimate Teen Guide