Saturday, February 11, 2012

How a well trained service dog can loose skills fom By My Side Blog

I know not all of my reader have time to go though all the wonderful blogs listed in my Blogroll on the right hand side of my blog, so I want to take the time to point out a particularly good post from Katrin at By My Side

training, guide work and other things

 For example with Tom lately, I hadn't quite realized just how "sometimes" my asking him to reliably clear right side obstacles had become.  Sometimes it was ok for him to brush me up against a bush, sometimes it was not.  This sometimes criteria caused, over a few months, Tom to begin to disregard that right side obstacles needed any clearance at all, an understanding of his that I didn't quite realize until on a walk the other day 4 things in a row he plowed me into, a couple of which hurt!

Read More 

No comments: