Monday, August 4, 2008

Update on Fundraising for Shilo

I continue to contact friends and familiy to raise money for my next service dog. I am happy to report some have already come through! Both for my travel to team training and Summit Assistance DogsFor Donating to my Fund to attend team training in September, I wish to thank:
My cousin April for her $100 Donation
My longtime friend Wayne Terry for his donation of a Large Dog Crate ($100 value)
Shelley Maynard,Owner of Pewter Rabbit Antiques for her $25 Donation
Kathleen Ison for her $10 donation

My Aunt and Uncle, Steven and Marie McDonald for their $100
I have saved $81 towards my Team Training costs in October! That brings my total so far to $416!
Several people have also pledged to contribute to my Fund to attend Team Training:
My Aunt and Uncle, Steven and Marie McDonald
My Uncle Dale McDonald
My Uncle Scott McDonald
My Uncle Danny McDonald
My Grandmother Mary Ellen Spring
Even though Summit Assistance Dogs does not charge for the dog itself, each recipient must be able to attend a team training with their new dog in Anacortes, WA for anywhere between 10-21 days.I am working to save money myself, but I work for a non-profit and I have to take at least two weeks from work to get my dog.



No comments: