IAADP is looking for the future leaders of the assistance dog
movement. Thanks to our generous sponsor, Nutramax Laboratories,
IAADP will be able to provide two scholarships for IAADP members in
2010 where participants can learn more about issues of importance to
consumers in the assistance dog field.
The $500 scholarships will help to cover travel, hotel and
registration for the IAADP and Assistance Dog Club of Puget Sound
joint conferences. The place: Seattle, Washington Embassy Suites;
the dates: Sept.25th (IAADP) and Sept. 26th (ADCPS)
Please provide the following background information:
4. E-mail address
5. Name and breed of assistance dog
6. Type of assistance dog (guide, hearing or service)
7. IAADP member number
Please give us your thoughts on the following four questions: (No
more than 500 words per question)
1. What has been your involvement with the assistance dog movement?
2. What do you hope to get out of attending the conferences?
3. What do you see as the major issues confronting the assistance dog
movement in the next few years?
4. What role do you see yourself playing in addressing these issues?
Please provide three references, not family members.
For details about the conferences, check out
Please e-mail your completed application to Toni Eames at
eeames at csufresno.edu or send it in print, braille or on cassette to
3376 North Wishon, Fresno, CA 93704. Applications must be received by
July 20, 2010.
The IAADP Board looks forward to meeting you and your dog in
Seattle. Of course, everyone with an interest in the assistance dog
field, including assistance dog partners, puppy raisers, trainers and
administrators are encouraged to register and attend the conferences.